1% This and 1% That

Z10

It is not uncommon for large Muslim rallies to protest in favor of Sharia, ISIS, Al-Qaeda or other such extremes.

The political correctness crowd — largely consisting of the left — is obsessed with the 1%: whether it’s 1% of the population controlling the other 99% economically or 1% of Muslims speaking for the other 99% of Muslims.  This has been repeatedly proven to be a myth, especially the latter one.  A pole for example recently showed that 80% of London Muslims support ISIS.You can find the article here: http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/jemchoudarysomecallmeaparasite-vi.jpg

This is the problem with leftist ideology: “It doesn’t matter as long as it doesn’t (directly) hurt you.”  Actually it does more than what they might think.  Those who give their support to fanatical groups that kill people, then rape and oppress the survivors, are very much part of the problem because they encourage them to continue on through their verbal and financial support.  Several Islamic groups for example have been caught red handed donating zakat to jihadist groups like ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Hamas and Hezbollah: such groups are CAIR and ISNA.

Apparently simply advocating such blood-thirsty groups constitutes for protected freedom of speech as shown by police guarding them and no arrests made.  The United Kingdom for example has allowed this problem to fester and grow rather than suppress this fanatical ideology to easily manage it and then they wonder why terrorism has grown in their own country.  Rather than arrest or deport these people, they have given them a podium from which they can preach their message of religious warfare in the name of their god.

Z10

Niccolò Macchiavelli stated that “it is much safer to be feared than loved” [1].  While Macchiavelli’s work is quite controversial, I find some truth in it.  I personally do not agree with much of his views, however I do believe there is some truth to these words.  I ruler of a nation must do what he can within the limitations of morality to protect his/her country from a violent aggressor: when it comes to jihadists — terrorists and their supporters — they need confinement and/or deportation.  On one hand you have brutal dictators like Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Vladimir Lenin and Kim Jong-Il, and on the other you have weak leaders like Barack Obama and David Cameron.  Either way they lead their countries in the wrong direction while morally and theologically corrupting them.  The Church needs her missionaries and evangelists to preach the Gospel without being stopped and people need to know there is objective truth and that this objective truth needs to be embraced.  Things would be better if more people believed in objective truth.  No wonder the West is so weak and is letting its guard down to a religion that believes in its own form of objective but does not come from the Lord who was incarnate and is promoted aggressively.

[1] Macchiavelli, Niccolò. trans: Marriott, W.K. The Prince. 2006. <http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1232/1232-h/1232-h.htm&gt;.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s